As all DD couples, there are times when you really wonder if DD is working or not. Sometimes it seems like you repeat the same misbehaviors over and over again.
One of the things we have been working on for what seems like forever is my yelling. It has become such a habit over the years to just yell when nothing else works, or just out of frustration, or just because I can. This is something I have desperately tried to stop. I do not want my kids growing up thinking all the Mommy does is yell or to be afraid of me.
As those who know me are aware of, Hunter and I use a journal to record my behavior. A few months back we modified the journal a bit and settled on five areas that needed to be evaluated daily. These areas are: Yelling, Housework, Medications, Sleep and Attitude. A few weeks ago, we took sleep off the list because I was no longer staying up all hours of the night and have gotten much better at going to bed with Hunter or soon after he does.
With each area, I give myself a graded level daily on an A, B, C, D, and F scale. But with yelling and medicines I am supposed to log how many times I have yelled and how many pills I didn't take. It is very eye opening to see those tallies down on paper. There had been a lot of progress over the year we have been working on this, but with the journal modification, we also changed the consequences up a bit and it really helped to put things into perspective. So, not only do I grade myself, but I have to make a count too. Of course the worse the grade, the harder the spanking. At the end of the spanking, I would receive four HARD swats on each cheek with the strap wrench for every tally. Well, I am very very happy to report that in the last NINE days, there has only been ONE tally mark and that was nine days ago. This is even with having sick kids and tons going on that normally stresses me out to the max. See.... DD really does work!!!!! :)
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment